It hasn’t been too exciting the few days in terms of hobby developments but I did manage to get a few things in order. As you can see the Heldrake parts are largely primed with Chaos Black spray. I’ll still have to go over them with a brush to make sure everything is covered fine. Find out what else I’ve been up to after the jump.
I went forward with the base paints on the Possessed Marine I’ve been working on. Let me say straight away that the coverage of the darkest brown I have is still not enough to go over black primer when diluted properly. At the same dilution rate, Khorne Red covers a LOT better than Mournfang Brown. I also touched up any poor coverage of Khorne Red in the previous step with a second lick of paint.
I also have to admit that the colors did not match as much as I’d hoped. Considering I am a bit color blind too I will have some difficulty blending the claws and membranes on the wings it seems. I’ll try to cover the membranes with a much darker hue in the weekend (possibly mixing a little Abaddon Black in the mix) and see how it goes from there. As for the claw arms, I am open to suggestions on which colors to pick… Khorne based reds won’t have great contrast I guess. Still haven’t made up my mind about the bat-like or dragon-like wings either. Decisions, decisions…
In other news, a new project is underway but since it’s kind of a surprise for the , I can’t really share a lot of visuals on this. Let’s say I’m taking a drastically different kind of mini than I’m used to for this occasion. Tune in later for more news on this!