Back on track with the raiders from the Warp. I’m having a lot of fun with these guys, they’re such dynamic figures with quite a variety of bits to use. Not to mention the clean cast that came out of the box, I’m having hardly any difficulties with removing mould lines or fixing parts. I had my share of mould line crisis with the Bloodletters, but I digress. Find out what I’ve been up to over the weekend and what may yet be on the way after the jump.
I started out with the champion to single out the best looking bits for him. As mentioned before I took the legs with the broken Space Marine helmet, an intimidating set of claws and the champion head off the sprue and worked from there. I also had to repair one of the shoulder pads, so I attached the broken Chaos star onto the trim. Can’t have our champion miss its trinkets!
I really need a better way to handle these tiny bits. The tweezers I used almost dented the plastic, so sharp is the tip on them.
The GW recommended talons. I recommend them too, helps nicely with the pose. Notice the lack of flash or mould lines between the blades. What a relief!
Easily the most difficult to pieces to handle, the wings on the jetpack. Almost all wings like this are attached to the sprue about 1-2mm away from a spike!
They have a tiny mould line running through sides, much like the Heldrake wings. Only this time the spikes on the wing are a lot smaller and easy to break.
All cleaned up and ready to assemble. At first I thought I should put all these on cork, then I reconsidered.
The champion, posed. All assembled except the shoulderpads and the jetpack which I’ll paint separately. Pinning seems to be a must since the models easily topple over with the added weight of the jetpacks.
Here’s the guy I assembled next. The pose allows access to everything without having to pin on cork.
Now to think of a good basing option.
As said, lots of fun.I’ll try to finish up this batch in the coming weekend as I got a few business trips in the week. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep the posting schedule I set for myself, but work isn’t really helping in that regard!
Here’s a parting shot of the rest of the Bloodletters which took most of my attention this weekend. I still can’t believe 5 daemons could take up hours of work just to assemble!
I really don’t want to see a mould line between fingers again.