Over the past two days I managed to put together the last members of the Warp Talons, mounted them on cork caps and they’re thus ready for primer. So time to wait for a comparatively nicer day, possibly the weekend, for a quick spraying session. I also took part in the first get-together-meetings those chaps at FigurinIstanbul organized. Check out some WIP shots of the bad boys and my Sunday pastime after the jump.
One thing I’m struggling with when it comes to Space Marine models (loyalist or traitor, no difference here) is fitting the shoulder pad to the arms. It just doesn’t work the way I want it to look or somehow, somewhere I make an error in judgement and the whole thing looks… wrong. I had such a moment when I was assembling the Talons.
Here’s a look at the team, ready for primer. I tacked the shoulder pads to their owners’ cork caps and numbered the jetpacks and bodies. I’ll later stick the pads on a piece of masking tape so that they don’t fly off during a session.
Yesterday I met the gentlemen who organized the first figure painter enthusiast meeting. It was a good turnout for the first of such events with a lot of model ideas shared. A few actually painted a model on the spot! Gotta love wet palettes I guess.
Good times. Take a look at more of their work at FigurinIstanbul, these guys are veterans at this!
Here’s a teaser pic for the next update in this corner. I just couldn’t resist opening the package and tackling the model.