It’s been a while since my last WIP post due to overseas travel and a helluva last week with work and various catch-up activities. I did find some time to spend on more models and little time to dedicate solely to painting so let’s get to the progress thus far.
I cleaned up the sub-assemblies of the model in preparation for priming. Considering the larger surfaces have some grisly join lines I applied some Liquid Green Stuff to the seams and sanded off the excess. It seems the 800-grade sandpaper I have at the moment is a little too rough on plastic and almost erased some details, so I switched to the files for places I could use them. I always prefer the sandpaper approach when I can since it is easily folded to reach the most difficult places. Sadly there are no visuals of this step as working with the delicate parts is quite fiddly. This reminds me I really should get the tripod working…
Afterwards I took the pieces out and primed them with Vallejo’s spray primers. I did a second coat of gray over the black primer for the base of the Bloodthirster as most of it is flames. It makes a lot more sense to use a lighter primer for skulls and flames where the color palette won’t be as dark as the body of the daemon.
Battleforce Rhino APC
Sporadic hours for modelling means building kits for me and it’s never a bad idea to be able to get rid of some old boxes. So in less than an hour I was able to put together the core APC save for the tracks and the hatches on top, ready for clean-up and primer. All this needs is the Chaos goodies around the vehicle and the mounted weapons on top front. Never knew assembling this would be so easy.
Lastly I got a bit of a teaser for this Friday’s review – I ordered the model from Forgeworld as a test and I’m extremely pleased with the contents and the quality I received. Here’s a peek of the degree of Heresy that awaits you…