Your favorite workshop is open once again after a week of silence. And what a week it was! Between business and sickness I got very little time to spend on the miniatures and deadlines came-a-knockin’. I picked up yet another kit, this time for a birthday and prepared it for primer over the weekend. Lastly I touched up the Spawn in preparation for the primer session but I guess I’ll have to retouch that as well. Check out my progress with the minis after the jump. (more…)
We had another board game day with my pals from high school this past weekend, which is fast becoming a regular event it seems. The Saturday was dominated by Horus Heresy the Board Game and Warhammer 40k: Relic, which we enjoyed immensely. On Sunday we had another meeting with FigurinIstanbul this time in Pegasus, a hobby shop that also sells WH miniatures in Istanbul for a workshop on how to paint realistic faces. Lastly, I did some minor work to completely assemble the Screamers of Tzeentch. Hop in for a peek at what I’ve been up to, which includes my first attempt at recapping events in a board game!
Ending the week with more WIPs! With the Blood Angels Dreadnought assembly I figured that I really missed cleaning up and assembling miniatures and wanted to go for a new kit from the cabinet, this time I’m tackling the Screamers of Tzeentch. Join me as I muse about the nature of Chaos and see my progress with the models after the jump.
Small update for the beginning (more or less) of the week. The new year started slowly for the hobby department when it comes to the workshop. As you can see I’m still trying to shape out the Tyranid Trygon I’ve been working on for some time here, but every day I’m meeting new challenges. And then there’s the daunting mountain of models that stay primed and beg for attention. Hopefully I’ll be able to switch to new projects once the Trygon is finished. More WIP pictures and a little bonus after the jump.
As the cover page suggests I’ve assembled yet another kit but this time I couldn’t make it to the priming session. I feel like I’m hitting the mark when spraying outside will be impossible due to winter conditions and I’ll be able to focus on painting stuff individually. But before that happens, I wanted to work on the kits that need some putty work and get as many of them ready as possible. Check out the progress thus far and a tally of waiting models after the jump.
Back on track with the raiders from the Warp. I’m having a lot of fun with these guys, they’re such dynamic figures with quite a variety of bits to use. Not to mention the clean cast that came out of the box, I’m having hardly any difficulties with removing mould lines or fixing parts. I had my share of mould line crisis with the Bloodletters, but I digress. Find out what I’ve been up to over the weekend and what may yet be on the way after the jump.
Another WIP post incoming! This time I’m tackling a variety of models from different ranges with mixed progress, so bear with me until we get to the good stuff! I finally had time to prime a few kits completely and making progress towards getting rid of boxes until winter hits for good. Check out my progress and new horizons after the jump!