Black Legion

Something on the Side

Having a decent go at the blending technique from last time I got a little too excited and took out a new kit from the mountain. This time I’m tackling a CSM Lord in Terminator Armor, which I wanted to get my hands on for some time since I got it. Check out my initial progress with the kit after the jump.

(more…)

Advertisements

WIP: Maulerfiend #3

The past weekend I was looking forward to completing the Dreadknight project by finishing the force weapons, however I couldn’t decide on which technique to use and was unsure of the color scheme for all the blends. So I switched to the primed Maulerfiend sub-assemblies and started applying basecoats. Not the most exciting news to be honest but this lets me keep the work flowing. Find out my progress on this beast and the work plan after the jump. (more…)

The Spawn

The Dreadknight project is coming to a close at last which means I can get rid of one more box of kits from my collection. Having worked on larger models for a few months I want to ease back to smaller figures. Thus I thought I need something in the middle to get me on the right track. The Chaos Spawn models along with the relatively smaller Maulerfiend should do the job. Find out my review of the Chaos Spawn kit and a few early WIP shots after the jump.

(more…)

WIP: Maulerfiend #2

I wanted to make up for the long silence with a better post for today, however time limitations and other scheduled items took precedence over the hobby for the past few days. Even then, I did work on the Maulerfiend and checked back with my unfinished Dreadknight. Take a look at what I’ve been up to after the jump.

(more…)

WIP: Maulerfiend #1

The Maulerfiend projects goes better than expected. This week I found little time to spend on the hobby but at least made good progress towards preparation for painting. As I mentioned before the model has a significant join line problem that needs fixing with a putty. I had acquired Liquid Green Stuff before but lacked the tools to apply it correctly and didn’t want to risk the model going bad. So I remedied that situation and got to work! Check out the results and my tips and review on the new tools after the jump.

(more…)

New Project: Black Legion Maulerfiend/Forgefiend

This past weekend has been very fruitful in terms of hobby work. I found plenty of time to spend on models and decided to start work on my Maulerfiend (couldn’t wait!). It’s a surprisingly easy and fun model, so the first WIP session went very smoothly, it was a blast. Find out my little review about the model, some notes on the kit and the early assembly photos after the jump.

(more…)

Showcase: CSM Heldrake, Black Legion Theme

And here we are. The project I’ve been working for so long is finally finished. I even managed to get it into the competition this past weekend! Check out my final WIP report on the kit and a large gallery of WIP and showcase pictures after the jump.

(more…)