And what do you know, we’ve reached the 100th post in the Workshop! Time really does fly when you’re having fun. You’re in for quite a treat today. After quite a few weeks of inactivity I decided to get back to the hobby front in full force and start completing some projects at hand. And as promised, the next showcase following the Dreadknight is the Necron Lychguard, intended as a birthday gift to my fellow hobbyist Xasf. Took my sweet time on the models but in the end I’m content with the results. I also have some further news regarding the position I’ll take on the blog as well as some nice last WIP and showcase pics of the Lychguard, but for that you’ll have to make the jump!
Very short post with lots of visuals today. I finished the rest of the Tiger yesterday and took some multi-angle photos… turned out nice for a “challenging” class model as my first time dealing with the model. Here’s some last WIP shots of the tracks… which took almost as long to assemble the rest of the model.
Lots of rounded surfaces and the tracks themselves made it a little difficult. To avoid unseemly bends I used rounded objects like spare brushes and my scalpel to run over the pieces. Worked like a charm. I also had to change the blade on the knife – it got dulled to a point where it would harm models rather than clean them. Take a look:
I also had a moment of heart attack when I saw an error on the model:
The 3rd wheel from the right was attached wrongly and the wheels that were supposed to align on them… did not. I had to carefully remove the part and reassemble. Almost broke a piece. In the end, it all worked well.
Here’s the signature eight-pointed-sta… I mean shots of the model. Enjoy!
And lastly, a size comparison with some elements of the 41st millennium:
I refrained from taking shots with the Foldio as all pics came out super-shiny, obstructing detail. I’ll try to add some when I fix the lighting and the pics themselves.
Hope you enjoyed this and see you next week!
Wow, what an adventure this kit was. I got to test myself in lots and lots of new techniques (for me that is) and learned quite a bit from my mistakes. This is also the first model I commissioned (so to speak) so that taught me a few things too. Check out the last WIP session and a few 8 sided shots after the jump.
And here we are. The project I’ve been working for so long is finally finished. I even managed to get it into the competition this past weekend! Check out my final WIP report on the kit and a large gallery of WIP and showcase pictures after the jump.
In my last post I mentioned that the main difficulty with the more demonic Chaos Space Marine models is determining where armor and weapons fuse with flesh. When it comes to the possessed, aside from a few select minis this distinction is clear. Here you can see my first possessed model bearing the colors of the Black Legion. Find out more shots and my approach after the jump.
Moving on with the finished models… Here is the test unit I got for the new Black Legion army I am preparing for display. This little fella is from the Chaos Space Marine Battleforce pack and is part of a 10-man infantry squad. Find out more angles of the model and some WIP shots after the jump, as well as my thoughts on the Black Legion.
Here’s a short look at the old ork models I got from the very first Battleforce kit I mentioned earlier. I painted this model a couple of months ago when I got back to the hobby. Find out some more pictures and my approach to the skin after the jump.