Updates

WIP Update: Week 2 of March 2015

All right! Here’s the first week of me attempting a new format with the WIP posts. When I checked back with the previous entries I saw that the pattern was getting really stale especially with additional projects popping up. Besides, I’m getting tired of setting up titles like “WIP: xxxx #1”, so I’ll try to summarize progress on the minis I’m focusing on the most (since I’m a pretty hobby butterfly and can’t keep my focus on a project for too long it seems) every week. This week I’ve also added a list that shows the entire WIP line here at once, so that could become a checklist for me. Hop in and see what fruits the past few weekends (especially the last one) bore after the jump.

(more…)

Advertisements

WIP: Death Company Dreadnought #1

The full assembly of the latest project is done! I have to say the Blood Angels Death Company Dreadnought turned out to be a lot more fun than I imagined, I guess it’s the perfect size between a giant mech like the Dreadknight and the regular Space Marines that makes this a breeze to work with. I opted for a full close quarters fighter and will try to apply some battle damage during the paint job, but I hear it’s quite difficult to pull off correctly for a primarily black color scheme. We’ll see how it goes. Now working on the Prezi for the assembly of this little kit, stay tuned for more!

In other news my self-healing cutting mat has arrived yesterday on the post, which is in and on itself a relief. It fits beautifully on the Project Box but is loose. To fasten it I used four pieces of UHU Patafix on the corners which seem to have stabilized it for the moment. Here are a few shots of the cutting mat, I think the design is pretty cool.

Additional Display Space

The weekend was pretty uneventful in terms of hobby time spent as I found little opportunity to work on the WIP models that keep piling up (and staring at me from their boxes). I did however took care of another problem: I got an extra display cabinet to separate the models from the other “stuff”. Check out the display with a few new tricks after the jump.

(more…)

Workshop Update: December 2014

A change of pace at the Workshop here. Instead of project WIP announcements this time I’d like to share some other items of interest. If I can keep this up I may be able to turn this into a monthly update post on ongoing projects as well as events and activities I’m considering for the immediate future. Not sure how this will affect the pace I set for myself in the goal post but this is certainly going to be exciting on its own. Find out my (ever-changing) plans for the immediate future after the jump.

(more…)

Tally the Men!

As the cover page suggests I’ve assembled yet another kit but this time I couldn’t make it to the priming session. I feel like I’m hitting the mark when spraying outside will be impossible due to winter conditions and I’ll be able to focus on painting stuff individually. But before that happens, I wanted to work on the kits that need some putty work and get as many of them ready as possible. Check out the progress thus far and a tally of waiting models after the jump.

(more…)

A Flurry of WIPs

Another WIP post incoming! This time I’m tackling a variety of models from different ranges with mixed progress, so bear with me until we get to the good stuff! I finally had time to prime a few kits completely and making progress towards getting rid of boxes until winter hits for good. Check out my progress and new horizons after the jump!

(more…)

Hobby Extravaganza

My hobby adventure took a drastic turn with some decisions I made in the couple of days since the last post. Since we’re heading into bad weather in Turkey (at last! Yes, I like winter) I’m planning on getting primer on as many projects as possible before we hit the times when spray priming will be out of the question. Thus I have once again dug into the boxes that need some attention. I even completed a kit within a day! Find out my progress on the hobby front after the jump.

(more…)