Another long silence has passed at the Workshop since the last update. Between a long religious holiday (a saving grace from work, even for a heathen like me), my birthday and a business trip with a somewhat unexpected outcome I have managed to make time for the miniatures at hand and added more to the pile of unfinished work! Hop in to see what I have to share for the past few weeks and a teaser for what is to come (mobile users, slightly heavy with images!).
Hello and welcome to my unboxing/review of Fantasy Flight Games’ Chaos in the Old World board game. While the game itself is not brand new I thought it would be a good idea to take a closer look at it considering I’m a huge fan of the Chaos gods! So without further ado here’s what’s interesting about the game.
Welcome to the first post in the new series I’m trying out. This week I’ll show how I fill gaps in miniatures and models, large or small, with Liquid Green Stuff or as I abbreviated it, LGS. Find out how you can do the same after the jump.
It’s been a few weeks now at the Workshop without activity reports so let me get back to it with a mass of projects at hand. As I mentioned before I’m trying to get as many models painted as possible (given time) before the baby and for that I have made some progress with the existing batch as well as delve into some others. Hop in and see what I’ve been up to.
Welcome to this week’s review. Today I’m taking a look at my very first Forgeworld model from the Horus Heresy character series, the Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought from the Word Bearers Space Marine Legion. I had my doubts about the logistics implications for shopping with Forgeworld due to the customs problems in Turkey but I took a leap of faith. Now I invite you to make a leap to the rest of the review to see what I think of the piece!
It’s been a while since my last WIP post due to overseas travel and a helluva last week with work and various catch-up activities. I did find some time to spend on more models and little time to dedicate solely to painting so let’s get to the progress thus far.
Another short update today as I’ve been busy preparing for next week’s business trip to the States. I’ve been naughty again and as the cover photo suggests I’m working on my Khorne Bloodthirster. This is one of the models that show you the how far the plastic injection technology has improved compared to the earlier models by GW as the detail on the model is very crisp with less and less mould lines. Once I fix the join lines with some Green Stuff I’ll prime it and get to painting straight away as I foresee this to be my last large project before the inevitable change in schedules in November.
I also assembled a Necron Wraith, for fun. Might gift it at a later point.
In other news I decided that I hate the skin work on the Random Encounter mini so I decided to start anew with a base layer of Cadian Fleshtone. Hopefully I’ll be able to work with thinner glazes to get where I want to go and won’t have to strip the entire thing.
That’s all for now folks, hopefully I’ll have more colors in the next update the week after.