This is pretty much old news for modeling enthusiasts but I guess late is better than never. The past weekend the Rahmi Koç Museum housed the Scale Model Club’s first modeling competition which will be held every year in concord with IPMS events. This year’s estimates show that over 150 modelers with close to 700 different models were displayed. Find out more on the event, the winners, and my humble entry after the jump (warning, image heavy post).
And here we are. The project I’ve been working for so long is finally finished. I even managed to get it into the competition this past weekend! Check out my final WIP report on the kit and a large gallery of WIP and showcase pictures after the jump.
With only a few days left for the competition I had to hurry up to finish the Heldrake I’ve been working on for so long. So I started putting the base colors in various places and the golds that will dominate the model. I was pretty sure that I could finish the painting, basing and cleanup of the model within this weekend, but I was sorely mistaken. Find out why after the jump.
Just a quick update here to notify any and all followers that are interested in the miniature competition in May, the online registration form is up and running so sign up if you’ll be there! I know I’ll be there with my (hopefully) complete Heldrake!
Here’s a link to the event: Online Registration Form
See you all there!
As the frequency of the posts suggest I’m having trouble finding adequate time to have some quality painting sessions for all the concurrent projects. However, I had to get stuff going as having too much of a hiatus is devastating on a hobbyist and would pretty much lead to inaction indefinitely. Check out what I’m working on after the jump. (more…)
It hasn’t been too exciting the few days in terms of hobby developments but I did manage to get a few things in order. As you can see the Heldrake parts are largely primed with Chaos Black spray. I’ll still have to go over them with a brush to make sure everything is covered fine. Find out what else I’ve been up to after the jump.
This post was supposed to air yesterday but due to unforeseen consequences I had to push it to today. I have cut the last pieces of the kit from the sprues, gave them a cleaning session and prepared them for priming. I also did some rearranging with my paints. Find out more about what I’ve been up to after the jump. (more…)