We begin this week with a short update this time as I’m preparing the meatier content for Wednesday. This weekend proved to be a valuable opportunity to get a lot of hobby work done and got me really excited due to the fact that I found ample time to paint some miniatures! I know, I’m quite shocked myself.
As you can see from the highlight photo I’m working on the Nurglings and am making substantial progress towards finishing the skin tones. I also branched out to try out other techniques until I can get myself a proper wet palette. Colour of the Gods has an excellent tutorial on how to use thin glazes in succession to build flawless color transitions on your models (which I used this time to some effect) so I highly recommend you check them out. Here’s a few other shots of the little rascals.
First model painted, satisfactory results!
Here’s a Turkish coin for size comparison. The coin is around 20mm in diameter. Yeah…
In other news Ragıp Oy from FigurinIstanbul has honored me by nominating me to display 5 of my models over 5 days on Facebook as part of an “ice bucket challenge of miniatures”. Today I’ve posted the first batch for the challenge and nominated MaGie Miniatures to show her beautifully rendered minis. Unfortunately I was waylaid by the fact that my Foldio did not work in the weekend. So, past photos of the models this time and we’ll see if I can get the photo booth to work again for later models.
Lastly, I’ve decided to implement the widely accepted system of Monday miniature showcase and Wednesday WIP posts on this corner, let’s see if I can get a reasonable flow going for me. For extremely industrious weeks I may include Friday as well, but I think this routine will keep me busy enough. That said, I’ve collected a lot of WIP content for this Wednesday, thanks to the marginally clearer weather we had last week, so be sure to stay tuned for the next post. Especially if you like Space Hulk and Necrons!
Hey everyone! As the post name and the highlight photo suggests I’ve made some headway with yet another kit in assemblies – this time it’s the Plaguebearers of Nurgle. I also cleaned up and assembled all Genestealers from the Space Hulk set but that will be the topic of another post, possibly Wednesday. Making good progress till I get a chance to use my primers! Take a look at what I’ve been up to.
My hobby adventure took a drastic turn with some decisions I made in the couple of days since the last post. Since we’re heading into bad weather in Turkey (at last! Yes, I like winter) I’m planning on getting primer on as many projects as possible before we hit the times when spray priming will be out of the question. Thus I have once again dug into the boxes that need some attention. I even completed a kit within a day! Find out my progress on the hobby front after the jump.
This weekend went way too fast and with little updates on the hobby front, but I did get to do work on some of the outstanding kits. What I’m looking forward to is the 1.5 day off at work due to the Republic Day of this glorious nation! Aside from the usual taking part in the parades I’m planning to make use of this time to get painting to clear off some kits from the table. Check out what I’ve been up to over the weekend after the jump.
This past weekend has been a fruitful one in terms of getting involved with the multitude of models I have, including the ongoing Heldrake and Possessed Marine kits. I started a new kit from my latest purchases and did some testing on the winged Possessed Marine. Find out more after the jump. (more…)