In the last few weeks before the baby is born I’m getting more time invested on the models at hand, with the Mhara Gal getting the most attention among the Horus Heresy Character Series kits. Last time I had left off the model covered in primer – it’s time the model gets some color! There’s also some updates on Fulgrim so without further ado, hop in to see my progress thus far.
Another long silence has passed at the Workshop since the last update. Between a long religious holiday (a saving grace from work, even for a heathen like me), my birthday and a business trip with a somewhat unexpected outcome I have managed to make time for the miniatures at hand and added more to the pile of unfinished work! Hop in to see what I have to share for the past few weeks and a teaser for what is to come (mobile users, slightly heavy with images!).
It’s been a few weeks now at the Workshop without activity reports so let me get back to it with a mass of projects at hand. As I mentioned before I’m trying to get as many models painted as possible (given time) before the baby and for that I have made some progress with the existing batch as well as delve into some others. Hop in and see what I’ve been up to.
It’s been a while since my last WIP post due to overseas travel and a helluva last week with work and various catch-up activities. I did find some time to spend on more models and little time to dedicate solely to painting so let’s get to the progress thus far.
Another short update today as I’ve been busy preparing for next week’s business trip to the States. I’ve been naughty again and as the cover photo suggests I’m working on my Khorne Bloodthirster. This is one of the models that show you the how far the plastic injection technology has improved compared to the earlier models by GW as the detail on the model is very crisp with less and less mould lines. Once I fix the join lines with some Green Stuff I’ll prime it and get to painting straight away as I foresee this to be my last large project before the inevitable change in schedules in November.
I also assembled a Necron Wraith, for fun. Might gift it at a later point.
In other news I decided that I hate the skin work on the Random Encounter mini so I decided to start anew with a base layer of Cadian Fleshtone. Hopefully I’ll be able to work with thinner glazes to get where I want to go and won’t have to strip the entire thing.
That’s all for now folks, hopefully I’ll have more colors in the next update the week after.
And what do you know, we’ve reached the 100th post in the Workshop! Time really does fly when you’re having fun. You’re in for quite a treat today. After quite a few weeks of inactivity I decided to get back to the hobby front in full force and start completing some projects at hand. And as promised, the next showcase following the Dreadknight is the Necron Lychguard, intended as a birthday gift to my fellow hobbyist Xasf. Took my sweet time on the models but in the end I’m content with the results. I also have some further news regarding the position I’ll take on the blog as well as some nice last WIP and showcase pics of the Lychguard, but for that you’ll have to make the jump!
Another short update this time. This week I made some more progress with the Lychguard – sorry no Showcase posts for the week as I threw down the towel a bit too early on the work trench it seems and still suffer from irregular office hours. I did finish (I think) the golds on the ornaments and am ready to switch to the healthy green glow on the weapons and shields, base colors put down on those and looking for the next opportunity to paint a bit more. Here’s the tally of last weekend’s session.
As the title pic suggests Xasf joined me this week to work on his Necrons – a lot faster than me to say the truth – and finished his Ghost Ark. Way to go man!
Looking forward to the weekend for more painting and hopefully, finally finishing the Lychguard and gift them. It’s about time I got to other models now!