Welcome to the first review on Roemer’s Workshop! Today I’m breaking the trend of being outdated (GW is really giving me a hard time being up-to-date!) and have come up with a relatively new release to present: the Space Hulk miniature board game. Hop in to take a look at what’s inside after the jump.
I can already hear you folks saying “hey look another WIP post!” or “that is taking ages!” but let me tell you I had some really frustrating moments with this step of the model. I ran into some problems on each painting session but in the end I think I pulled this off nicely. Check out my experience with the Nemesis force weapons after the jump.
Well, this is certainly taking more than I’d like to spend on a single model but I can’t shake off the feeling of wanting to switch to other kits while WIP projects continue. Thus I’m trying to get my bearings, have a little discipline and finish off the last bits and pieces of the Dreadknight so I can move on to the Maulerfiend with no worries. I’m also anxious to present the model to its owner, which really shows how terrible a commercial painter I would be! Check out my next update on the Dreadknight after the jump.
Here we go with another WIP post. I know you’ve had it with the slow progress on the kit but this time I’m really close to having the model finished until the mêlée weapons are complete. As you can see from the spotlight shot I completed the mid-level highlights on every part of the model except for the pilot who will receive some extra care, then assembled the model to its final form. Check out my progress on the Dreadknight after the jump and see what is to come in the next post.
While this is certainly not the last WIP as I foresaw in my last post, I did have a lot of realizations about the model, the Dreadknight, to not consider this spent time as wasted. I had several ideas to apply on the model but it seems luck wasn’t on my side. Check out my struggle over the weekend and some WIP shots after the jump.
Another week past, another post. Although there is little work done considering my progress with the Heldrake, I feel a lot more in control now that I work on something without a deadline. Besides, the Dreadknight has become a very nice project where I will have a chance to test a lot of techniques on almost all areas except basing. Find out my progress after the jump.
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to rest in this time of the year due to crazy deadlines at the new workplace, let alone spend time on the hobby like I do. Having seized at least some time in this weekend I wanted to get the brunt of the work done on the Dreadknight, since all there’s left is the painting. Find out what I’ve taken care of and what my plan is for the rest of the year.