My hobby adventure took a drastic turn with some decisions I made in the couple of days since the last post. Since we’re heading into bad weather in Turkey (at last! Yes, I like winter) I’m planning on getting primer on as many projects as possible before we hit the times when spray priming will be out of the question. Thus I have once again dug into the boxes that need some attention. I even completed a kit within a day! Find out my progress on the hobby front after the jump.
I can already hear you folks saying “hey look another WIP post!” or “that is taking ages!” but let me tell you I had some really frustrating moments with this step of the model. I ran into some problems on each painting session but in the end I think I pulled this off nicely. Check out my experience with the Nemesis force weapons after the jump.
The Dreadknight project is coming to a close at last which means I can get rid of one more box of kits from my collection. Having worked on larger models for a few months I want to ease back to smaller figures. Thus I thought I need something in the middle to get me on the right track. The Chaos Spawn models along with the relatively smaller Maulerfiend should do the job. Find out my review of the Chaos Spawn kit and a few early WIP shots after the jump.
Well, this is certainly taking more than I’d like to spend on a single model but I can’t shake off the feeling of wanting to switch to other kits while WIP projects continue. Thus I’m trying to get my bearings, have a little discipline and finish off the last bits and pieces of the Dreadknight so I can move on to the Maulerfiend with no worries. I’m also anxious to present the model to its owner, which really shows how terrible a commercial painter I would be! Check out my next update on the Dreadknight after the jump.
I wanted to make up for the long silence with a better post for today, however time limitations and other scheduled items took precedence over the hobby for the past few days. Even then, I did work on the Maulerfiend and checked back with my unfinished Dreadknight. Take a look at what I’ve been up to after the jump.
The Maulerfiend projects goes better than expected. This week I found little time to spend on the hobby but at least made good progress towards preparation for painting. As I mentioned before the model has a significant join line problem that needs fixing with a putty. I had acquired Liquid Green Stuff before but lacked the tools to apply it correctly and didn’t want to risk the model going bad. So I remedied that situation and got to work! Check out the results and my tips and review on the new tools after the jump.
For quite some time I wanted to get myself a proper light box to get better photos of the miniatures I work on and one time I even built one from scratch, using a cardboard box and some copying paper for sides. While it was adequate for diffusing light, it was still bulky (no way to carry it around) and quite fragile due to the paper sides that could just break any time. Then last week it got thrashed by the cleaning lady and pretty much became useless. So, I looked around for a mobile alternative and found Foldio, by orangemonkie and ordered one to see how it works. Find out what I think about the product after the jump.