Welcome to the first post in the new series I’m trying out. This week I’ll show how I fill gaps in miniatures and models, large or small, with Liquid Green Stuff or as I abbreviated it, LGS. Find out how you can do the same after the jump.
February has been a slow month in the hobby front for me. Sometimes it’s work, other times it’s procrastination getting the best of me but in the end the result is the same: little time spent on substantial things and increasing the number of WIP projects. This weekend has been no different – I put off a lot of my backlog in favor of another kit out of whim. Check out some visuals of this new endeavor after the jump.
The full assembly of the latest project is done! I have to say the Blood Angels Death Company Dreadnought turned out to be a lot more fun than I imagined, I guess it’s the perfect size between a giant mech like the Dreadknight and the regular Space Marines that makes this a breeze to work with. I opted for a full close quarters fighter and will try to apply some battle damage during the paint job, but I hear it’s quite difficult to pull off correctly for a primarily black color scheme. We’ll see how it goes. Now working on the Prezi for the assembly of this little kit, stay tuned for more!
In other news my self-healing cutting mat has arrived yesterday on the post, which is in and on itself a relief. It fits beautifully on the Project Box but is loose. To fasten it I used four pieces of UHU Patafix on the corners which seem to have stabilized it for the moment. Here are a few shots of the cutting mat, I think the design is pretty cool.
Today I’m taking a look at the much debated Project Box, released by Games Workshop in November 2014. Seeing that the quality of Citadel tools is pretty high compared to local available items, I wanted to try out this box both as a replacement to my former rickety one and to conduct an honest review. Another reason was to replace the workstation I’ve used since the beginning of this blog in favor of something more compact and mobile. Take a look at some detail shots of the box and my comments after the jump.
The weekend was pretty uneventful in terms of hobby time spent as I found little opportunity to work on the WIP models that keep piling up (and staring at me from their boxes). I did however took care of another problem: I got an extra display cabinet to separate the models from the other “stuff”. Check out the display with a few new tricks after the jump.
The Maulerfiend projects goes better than expected. This week I found little time to spend on the hobby but at least made good progress towards preparation for painting. As I mentioned before the model has a significant join line problem that needs fixing with a putty. I had acquired Liquid Green Stuff before but lacked the tools to apply it correctly and didn’t want to risk the model going bad. So I remedied that situation and got to work! Check out the results and my tips and review on the new tools after the jump.
For quite some time I wanted to get myself a proper light box to get better photos of the miniatures I work on and one time I even built one from scratch, using a cardboard box and some copying paper for sides. While it was adequate for diffusing light, it was still bulky (no way to carry it around) and quite fragile due to the paper sides that could just break any time. Then last week it got thrashed by the cleaning lady and pretty much became useless. So, I looked around for a mobile alternative and found Foldio, by orangemonkie and ordered one to see how it works. Find out what I think about the product after the jump.