The past weekend I was looking forward to completing the Dreadknight project by finishing the force weapons, however I couldn’t decide on which technique to use and was unsure of the color scheme for all the blends. So I switched to the primed Maulerfiend sub-assemblies and started applying basecoats. Not the most exciting news to be honest but this lets me keep the work flowing. Find out my progress on this beast and the work plan after the jump. (more…)
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to rest in this time of the year due to crazy deadlines at the new workplace, let alone spend time on the hobby like I do. Having seized at least some time in this weekend I wanted to get the brunt of the work done on the Dreadknight, since all there’s left is the painting. Find out what I’ve taken care of and what my plan is for the rest of the year.
And here we are. The project I’ve been working for so long is finally finished. I even managed to get it into the competition this past weekend! Check out my final WIP report on the kit and a large gallery of WIP and showcase pictures after the jump.
With only a few days left for the competition I had to hurry up to finish the Heldrake I’ve been working on for so long. So I started putting the base colors in various places and the golds that will dominate the model. I was pretty sure that I could finish the painting, basing and cleanup of the model within this weekend, but I was sorely mistaken. Find out why after the jump.
Whew, what a week this was. Having an overseas HQ with a 10 hour time difference at work is really a pain when you need to coordinate efforts. I made a lot of overtime and was pretty much swamped with work until the 1st of May, which naturally turned into a mini hobby fest for me and my workshop buddies. Find out my progress on the Dreadknight after the jump.
The previous week has been a perilous one. As the lack of posts here suggest, there was very little time for me to spend on personal matters, let alone the WH40k hobby. The last few days leading to the weekend have been extra tiresome, where we took part in an industry exhibition for the new company I switched to. Nevertheless, I did have a little time to spare for the few kits I’m working on. Find out more after the jump. (more…)
For a long time I have searched for a suitable, convincing gold color to apply on models. This is particularly important for my army the Black Legion, where having a strong contrast with the black underneath really makes models pop. Take a look at what I think about the few gold colors I have used after the jump. (more…)