This past weekend turned out to be quite an opportunity to work on some long overdue stuff and dabble in even more new kits. As can be seen from the featured image I’m trying to get the skin tones done on the dwarf and I think I’m going in the correct direction. I doubt I’ll make it to the deadline of this Friday with still the many many folds of cloth and the NMM weapon remaining but I’ll try to do my best. Not to mention there’s a base that needs my attention as well! Find out what I’ve put together after the jump.
A short update today, so I guess no break line will be necessary. I couldn’t work on any models during the week due to work but I did manage to play around the presentation software called Prezi. I have converted the tutorial for wet blending to the signature zoom in/zoom out format and I think it’s simple enough to follow without being hard on the eyes!
As the embed function is no longer supported in WordPress.com accounts, check out the Prezi in the link here.
I hope you enjoy this as it took me some time to visualize the whole thing and simplifying it to few slides without making it utterly cumbersome. If this thing catches on I’ll prepare the “lite” version of my tutorial posts via Prezi and link them below each tutorial.
Let me know what you think in the comments (advice, corrections, anything), and have a good time zooming!
12.01.2015 Update: I have put together a shorter version of this tutorial using Prezi. You can find it here.
Welcome to the first tutorial on Roemer’s Workshop!
Today I’ll be sharing the technique I used for the force weapon effect on the commissioned Dreadknight model‘s Nemesis Greatsword. Wet blending can be used on a variety of places however it is generally used to apply NMM (non-metallic metal) effect on miniatures’ metallic parts: swords, armor plates, shields etc. This is a demanding yet rewarding technique for those who would like to improve their paint work. Hop in for a gander after the jump.
Wow, what an adventure this kit was. I got to test myself in lots and lots of new techniques (for me that is) and learned quite a bit from my mistakes. This is also the first model I commissioned (so to speak) so that taught me a few things too. Check out the last WIP session and a few 8 sided shots after the jump.
I can already hear you folks saying “hey look another WIP post!” or “that is taking ages!” but let me tell you I had some really frustrating moments with this step of the model. I ran into some problems on each painting session but in the end I think I pulled this off nicely. Check out my experience with the Nemesis force weapons after the jump.