Very short post with lots of visuals today. I finished the rest of the Tiger yesterday and took some multi-angle photos… turned out nice for a “challenging” class model as my first time dealing with the model. Here’s some last WIP shots of the tracks… which took almost as long to assemble the rest of the model.
Lots of rounded surfaces and the tracks themselves made it a little difficult. To avoid unseemly bends I used rounded objects like spare brushes and my scalpel to run over the pieces. Worked like a charm. I also had to change the blade on the knife – it got dulled to a point where it would harm models rather than clean them. Take a look:
I also had a moment of heart attack when I saw an error on the model:
The 3rd wheel from the right was attached wrongly and the wheels that were supposed to align on them… did not. I had to carefully remove the part and reassemble. Almost broke a piece. In the end, it all worked well.
Here’s the signature eight-pointed-sta… I mean shots of the model. Enjoy!
And lastly, a size comparison with some elements of the 41st millennium:
I refrained from taking shots with the Foldio as all pics came out super-shiny, obstructing detail. I’ll try to add some when I fix the lighting and the pics themselves.
Hope you enjoyed this and see you next week!