Another short update today as I’ve been busy preparing for next week’s business trip to the States. I’ve been naughty again and as the cover photo suggests I’m working on my Khorne Bloodthirster. This is one of the models that show you the how far the plastic injection technology has improved compared to the earlier models by GW as the detail on the model is very crisp with less and less mould lines. Once I fix the join lines with some Green Stuff I’ll prime it and get to painting straight away as I foresee this to be my last large project before the inevitable change in schedules in November.
Size comparison between the two-handed axe and a Daemon Prince. This guy is huge.
… and so are his wings.
Look at all the detail on the flames…
It will be quite fun to paint them.
Sub-assemblies done. Without tack it’s difficult to hold all of them assembled with one hand!
I also assembled a Necron Wraith, for fun. Might gift it at a later point.
Gotta love the Canoptek models!
In other news I decided that I hate the skin work on the Random Encounter mini so I decided to start anew with a base layer of Cadian Fleshtone. Hopefully I’ll be able to work with thinner glazes to get where I want to go and won’t have to strip the entire thing.
That’s all for now folks, hopefully I’ll have more colors in the next update the week after.
Here we are once again with another review. For a time I thought this post would be overdue due to some horrible postage mishap but the gods of Chaos seem to be on my side once again. This time I’m tackling something rather different from the usual GW products: the Random Encounter! mini for the “contest” I’m participating in with the chaps at FigurinIstanbul. So gather round and take a look at the wary stance of this dwarf after the jump.
Here we go with a review on another brilliant kit! I have to admit that the model itself is not the hottest stuff on GW stores right now, I have a personal attachment to it and found it interesting enough to call for a full review. Find out what’s so exciting about the Aspiring Champion and a few WIP shots after the jump.
Here we go, the first WIP entry in the Vortexbeast project. The spare time from the weekend and the past holiday proved to be very fruitful indeed: I have completely assembled the model I will put together, cleaned the spares from the sprues and even assembled alternate heads and pieces for the Slaughterbrute in case I opt for magnetizing the beast. Check out the progress on this kit after the jump.
Wow, what an adventure this kit was. I got to test myself in lots and lots of new techniques (for me that is) and learned quite a bit from my mistakes. This is also the first model I commissioned (so to speak) so that taught me a few things too. Check out the last WIP session and a few 8 sided shots after the jump.
Having a decent go at the blending technique from last time I got a little too excited and took out a new kit from the mountain. This time I’m tackling a CSM Lord in Terminator Armor, which I wanted to get my hands on for some time since I got it. Check out my initial progress with the kit after the jump.
I can already hear you folks saying “hey look another WIP post!” or “that is taking ages!” but let me tell you I had some really frustrating moments with this step of the model. I ran into some problems on each painting session but in the end I think I pulled this off nicely. Check out my experience with the Nemesis force weapons after the jump.